Applies the following simple search engine optimisations to your blog:
- Shows “Site Title” in page title always no matter what content your viewing
- Shows any content descriptor (page/post title etc.) first in page title
- Uses post excerpt as value of “description” meta tag
- Uses post tags as value of “keywords” meta tag
- Uses tag name as value of “keywords” meta tag when viewing posts for a tag
- Uses category name as value of “keywords” meta tag when viewing posts for a category
- Uses date as value of “keywords” meta tag when viewing posts for a date
That’s it really, pretty simple stuff.
- Upload basic-seo.php to the “/wp-content/plugins/” directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
<?php wp_title(); ?>inside the tags in header.php for your template if not already there (should be the only content)
<?php wp_head(); ?>somewhere inside the tags in header.php for your template if not already there
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Basic-SEO” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Basic-SEO” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fixed output of description meta tag when it contains quotes (thanks to Dave Hope for fix)
- Fixed output of description meta tag when it contains html
- Fixed title output for feeds.
- Plugin released.