Bell notifications for your website users. Display an on-site notification feed with notifications created manually or through triggers (new posts/cpts, WooCommerce, new comment replies, bbPress…).
WP Notification Bell is a custom notification and bell alert plugin for WordPress. (not push notifications and no emails)
This plugin lets you show real-time notifications to either logged-in users, or guests, or both.
Send on-site notification campaigns and let users know about news, promotions, events, product launches…
Or automatically notify users when you publish a new post or cpt (or when frontend users create a custom post type), or about comment replies, WooCommerce order updates…
- Flexible notifications : Create any type of notification with as many fields as you need.
- Target notifications : Broadcast notifications to everyone or send to a specific user role or specific usernames.
- New posts notifications : Send notifications to users every time you publish a new post. Custom post types included.
- New comments notifications : Facebook-like notifications to let logged-in users receive notifications for approved comment replies to their own comment, and let post authors receive notifications for approved comments on their post.
- bbPress notifications : New reply notification in subscribed topics for bbPress.
- BuddyPress notifications : Display BuddyPress notifications to logged-in users.
- WooCommerce notifications : Notify customers about each order status update.
- Unseen notification count : Display the count of unseen notifications.
For guides and tutorials, start from WP Notification Bell documentation.
Pro Features Available
- New notification sound
- New comments notifications for guest users
- Display date on comment, buddypress and bbpress notifications
- Custom edit WooCommerce notifications (modify content, add date…)
- Restrict the bell display to specific user roles
- Target notifications to logged-out guests only
- Multiple custom post types new posts notifications
- Move post or cpt notifications to trash automatically
- Notification page redirection instead of drop-down box option
- AJAX powered recent notification feed widget in real-time
- Advanced Custom Fields placeholders (add ACF fields as default value)
- Polylang integration
- Display all notifications shortcode
- WooCommerce back in stock notifications : Let your customers subscribe for wishlist to know when products are back in stock.
- Dokan Multivendor Marketplace integration: Notifications for Dokan vendors (new orders, order status completed, new product reviews).
- Asgaros Forum integration : Let users be notified on-site when they’re mentioned in a post, or when there’s a new reply in a topic they’re subscribed to.
- WooCommerce new order notification : New order notifications for administrators and shop managers on the admin bar menu.
Contributors & Developers
“WP Notification Bell” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- First version of the plugin.
- Fixed deleting notification items
- Added seen/unseen notification data
- Added date of publishing
- Added custom post type trigger
- Added loading spinner and fixed closing speed
- Changed database query
- Added filter hook when saving new post for the trigger
- Added notification bell for logged out users
- Added time placeholder
- Changed type checking order when adding custom post types
- Styling fixed for visitors and added specific notification item names for visitors
- Added a filter to possibly change the link for cpt
- Fixed links for cpt
- Added recipient role selection for new post and new cpt
- Fixed ajax calls
- Reduced server calls for logged out users
- Fixed recipient role selected in editor
- Fixed styling options for shortcode
- Removed count increment on post update
- Added post title placeholder
- Added freemius
- Notifications published after multiple post revisions fixed
- Fixed date timezone for logged out users
- Notifications only after first publish for logged out users
- Removed woocommerce notifications if option disabled
- Recent notifications widget for premium
- Changed title of All notifications table to post title
- Added nonce security checks
- Sanitized logged out user cookies
- Removed wnbell_notifications from custom post types to select
- Added possibility to add notifications for imported posts
- Added function to check in js script for wnbell_test_ls in pro
- Added option to restrict the bell display for some user roles in pro
- Fixed visited notification for woocommerce
- Added a floating bell option
- Added a full screen notification box for small devices
- Changed z-index for mobile devices
- Moved mediaquery js variable from js file to php file
- Removed a permission check for custom post types
- Changed how the count gets updated
- Added a new table to improve performance
- Stored server call interval as a global js variable
- Delete custom table row on post deleting
- Count for new logged in users is 1 instead of counting all existing notifications
- Added ACF placeholders for pro
- Joining with new role table for visitors
- Fixed infinite loop if cpt option not set
- Improved visitor count query
- Added Polylang integration in pro
- Changed woocommerce order display so it displays status label instead of slug
- Updated pot file
- Added table for usernames
- Fixed post date format to correctly compare with user notifications
- Now updates links on post update
- Fixed new notification for cpt from frontend
- Fixed seen notifications for woocommerce order updates
- Fixed user notifications order with custom notifications
- Added back in stock add-on
- Fixed notification count display and notification sort for user notifications only use case
- Removed default notification for new posts without meta box
- Added logged out role for premium
- Added page redirection for premium
- Added filter hooks for query conditions
- Added server call interval for widget
- Replaced link a href tags with divs
- Added a variable set check
- Removed admin check in new user submitted cpt notifications
- Adding custom fields for woocommerce order updates
- Added css class to style the bell
- Save ‘enable new post notification’ option from post meta box no matter its initial state
- Added back the default notification function for new posts (type ‘post’)
- Fixed admin css
- Added multiple notification sound options in premium
- Added hooks to add seen/unseen functionality to custom triggers
- Constant bug fix
- Fixed Polylang notifications
- Restyled the dropdown box
- Added comment notification for post authors
- Fixed comment links for approved comments
- Delete post or cpt notification automatically on post or cpt deletion in pro
- Updated bbpress get subscribers function
- Gave bbpress option, engagement or subscription notifications
- Changed bell icon css in menu
- Added guests comment notifications in pro
- Changed woocommerce modified date access, order properties no longer accessed directly
- Fixed box position and added padding in empty box
- Fixed Polylang language for imported posts
- Added time to trigger array
- Fixed unseen notification style id for user notifications
- Fixed Polylang language for imported custom post type posts
- Added hooks to user notifications
- Fixed sorting user notifications
- Added display option
- Fixed sql query for logged out user comment notifications
- Convert first letter to uppercase in comment and bbp notifications
- Added buddypress notifications
- Added check for new comments by logged out users
- Fixed buddypress bbpress notifications
- Added title in list of notifications
- Fixed the count for logged in first time users
- Fixed comment notifications
- Fixed date format to sort notifications
- Fixed undefined variable for visitor shortcode
- Allowed spaces in recipient username