This plugin will allow you to assign page template to any custom post type or posts same as Page. The template will be used to display single post in front end.
You can create template same as page template for wordpress pages. You need to select post types where you want to apply template from settings page of this plugin from admin side.
To create template file you need to create .php file in current theme’s directory with Template Name: your template name in comment at first line of your file. Ex.
You can create template files in subdirectory of current theme folder also. Now WordPress 4.7 has introduced this functionality in core.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Use the Settings->Templates for CP screen to configure the plugin
- Select post types for which you want to assign page templates
- You can create template file same as for page with Template name in comment of template file
- Choose template from metabox for custom post types you have selected in plugin setting screen
Any suggestions or queries are welcome at my email address: email@example.com
Contributors & Developers
“Template for Custom Post Types” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Template for Custom Post Types” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Compatible with WordPress 4.7
- Compatible with WordPress 4.6.1
- Compatible with WordPress 4.5
- Our First release of the plugin.