Donations for extended support are appreciated but are never required!
Saves time by automatically creating WordPress galleries using custom categories. Use for your large media libraries without editing posts. . Great for photographers and online art galleries. Simply add and remove images from categories and forget about it.
Works with most media library plugins,
This plugin should work with other media plugins. We recommend Media Library Assistant or Enhanced Media Library
Works with most plugins that replace native WordPress galleries, like Simplest Galleries.
Optionally generate a virtual gallery page for custom media taxonomies or use our shortcode generator in our settings page. Comes preinstalled with photo_category & photo_tag taxonomies. This plugin generates virtual gallery pages or posts for all media taxonomies without the need to attach them and helps you to bulk edit all of your media library taxonomies at once.
For quicker support send us a message.
Please be kind and rate this plugin. Everything helps!
Need more? Customization is available. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Download the Simple Media Galleries plugin
How to install this plugin
Install this plugin using the built-in plugin installer:
Go to Plugins > Add New.
Under Search, type “Simple Media Galleries”
Click Install Now.
A popup window will ask you to confirm your wish to install the Plugin.
Click Proceed to continue with the installation. The resulting installation screen will list the installation as successful or note any problems during the install.
If successful, click Activate Plugin to activate it, or Return to Plugin Installer for further actions.
Download the plugin. In the WordPress admin panel, click on Plugins. Select Add New to get to the “Install Plugins” page. Click on browse and choose the downloaded file.
Click on the “Install Now” button to install the plugin. Once the plugin is installed, select “Activate Plugin”.
Method 3: (Advanced Users):
Unzip the file. Using FTP, upload the Simple Media Galleries folder to the contents/plugins folder in your wordpress directory.
Please visit the FAQ page on our site at http://www.shooflysolutions.com/faq/
- It doesn’t work on my local WordPress site.
- It doesn’t work on many local WordPress sites. We don’t know why. On our VVV site, we found that querying the media using custom taxonomies does not return anything. It does work on our server. If you used our custom taxonomies and find that they taxonomies don’t work, please install one of the suggested media libraries and move your taxonomies. Taxonomy Switcher is a great plugin for transferring plugins.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Automatic Galleries” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Automatic Galleries” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
* Tested and updated for Php 7.3/Wordpress 5.2.1
- Change plugin title and setting descriptions
- Update plugin link
- Do not automatically enable included custom taxonomies.
- Add Shortcode Generator
= 1.2 –
- Update for 4.5, change name to try to explain what the plugin does
- Add shortcode
- Original Release