This is a unofficial, basic WordPress plugin for the Matomo web analytics software platform.
It is based quite heavily on the (no more supported) Piwik Analytics WordPress plugin which itself is based on the (no more available) Google Analytics wordpress plugin by Joost de Valk.
The following options are supported:
- matomo hostname
- matomo path
- site ID
- option to control download tracking
- option to exclude the admin user (probably you)
Please note, this plugin requires a self-contained Matomo installation somewhere under your control. It does not include Matomo itself.
See also The Matomo Website.
- Install and activate the plugin as you normally would.
(You can find more details and instructions here.)
- Visit the “Simple Matomo Tracking Code” page in the “Settings” section and adjust the parameters.
Don’t forget to click “Update Settings” when you’re done.
A1: Make sure your theme has a call to wp_footer() in the footer.php file
A2: Make sure you’re not logged in as admin.
Contributors & Developers
“Simple Matomo Tracking Code” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Bugfix for reset, fixes from static code analysis, requires now PHP 7.1 or higher
- changed texts
- code cleanup: moved duplicated code in function
- prepared for translations
- fix for wrong appended path (to many slashes)
- input validation
- remove configuration during uninstall
- fixed warnings
- created plugin based on piwik-analytics