Only for registered ScanCircle partners. See the ScanCircle partner program.
Login to your ScanCircle partner page and select the Scan Widget tab to generate the required ScanCircle shortcode and copy/paste it into your post.
- Upload the folder
- Activate the
scancircleplugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Place the
[scancircle_results ...]shortcode in your posts
See this post in the ScanCircle partner forum
What is the [scancircle_results …] shortcode for?
Using this shortcode, you can show the results in an IFRAME on your own website.
1. Set the “Own results page” to e.g. https://domain.com/results?language=%s&advice=%s&reference=%s
2. On this page include the shortcode [scancircle_results partner=”PARTNER-CODE” param=”URL-PARAMETER” IFRAME-ATTRIBUTES], where
– PARTNER-CODE is your partner code (this prevents cross site scripting with non-ScanCircle URLs: only http(s)://PARNER-CODE.scancircle.com/… allowed)
– URL-PARAMETER is the URL parameter containing the results URL (in this example “advice”)
– IFRAME-ATTRIBUTES are optional IFRAME attributes (e.g. width=”X”, height=”Y”)
Can I use the shortcodes in a template?
Yes, but you need the do_shortcode function as in: <?php echo do_shortcode(‘[scancircle…]’); ?>>
Contributors & Developers
“ScanCircle” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “ScanCircle” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
2.0 – 2020-07-23
- Added shortcode [scancircle_results partner=”PARTNER-CODE” param=”URL-PARAMETERS” IFRAME-ATTRIBUTES]
1.43 – 2018-11-14
1.32 – 2015-12-16
- Generalized the plugin to cater for future options so new options do not require a new version of the plugin.
[phpvar]shortcode has been deprecated as there are standard ways and plugins to do this (functionality will remain for the time being)
1.31 – 2015-11-02
- For some reason, version 1.27 actually still used v1.24. Updated version number to force a new update and updated support to WP4.3.1.
1.27 – 2015-03-23
1.24 – 2014-10-13
- Load scancircle.js and/or link to partner environment using https,
1.23 – 2014-08-04
categoryoption added to indicate the purpose of the scan page and/or reference code, entered data will be prepended to the reference code (separated by a colon)
1.20 – 2013-11-18
inputsoption added to support multiple input fields (names separated by semicolon), entered data will be joined (separated by semicolons)
validationoption added to check input field for required data, e-mail address, phone number, any regular expression or using a custom function
requireoption now deprecated (converted to
validation="required"for backward compatibility)
jqueryoption added to run script when document.ready (mainly for Joomla web sites which requires tag in header)
1.19 – 2013-11-04
[phpvar]shortcode to retrieve the PHP superglobals $_GET, $_POST and $_SERVER
- Required to get the value of URL parameters, post variables, initiating web pages, etc.
- Added because they may be needed for ScanCircle and I could not find an easy way or simple plugin to achieve this
1.18 – 2013-10-07
- First release