This plug-in allows you to record a country against your posts.
For example the country that the post talks about, the event took place in, the location you are writing the post from, etc. Your imagination is the limit…
Once a post is tagged with a country the plug-in allows flag icons to be added to your blog’s pages with simple additions to your template files.
Country icons can be clicked on to take the user to a list of posts from that country.
There’s also a sidebar widget that creates a popup to navigate to posts from that country.
Please consider supporting ongoing development of this plugin by taking a look at the enhanced mapping version of this plugin available at the plugin’s home page. The enhanced version offers a neat mapping interface to your blog with many features such as geo-location of your posts, showcasing featured images from your posts, presentation of GPX tracks, GPX elevation graphs, recording countries against your posts, and much much more.
How to record a Country against a Post
To add a country to post use the In which Country was the Adventure? box select the country from the dropdown.
There are also more instructions etc. on this page…
- Just put the complete plug-in directory into your WordPress plug-in directory and activate it.
- Within the WordPress loop, use this
<?php country_tag($post->ID); ?>in your index.php template file to show a post’s country icon.
- And this
<?php country_tag($post->ID, false); ?>in your single.php template file to show the post’s country icon.
- Note, you’ll need this
<?php gobal $post; ?>declaration in your template files too if not already there.
- The second parameter (the default
false) determines if it is a short or long output. In the following examples the <IMG /> represents the flag icon.
- Long – Location <IMG /> (Australia)
- Short – <IMG />
- The widget has a single option, a page. When set to one of your pages a link is shown under the popup list of countries in the widget. Following the link goes to that page Ð where you might show a list of countries featured on your blog, or a map! A map is easily created with the enhanced version of this plugin.
- You can also include the same popup list of countries used in the widget on your pages with this
<?php country_list_countries(); ?>.
Contributors & Developers
“Post Country” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Post Country” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.