Genesis Nav Menu Amplified restores the Genesis 1.5 menu system and extends it. Specifically it:
- Supports List Pages/Categories
- Supports Exclude/Include by ID
- Supports Nav Extras on Primary and Secondary Navigation
This plugin requires the Genesis Theme Framework aff link
I owe a huge debt of gratitude to all the folks at StudioPress, their themes make my life easier.
- Upload the entire
genesis-nav-menu-amplifiedfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to Genesis Theme Settings
- Select desired menu options and save settings
- Why is my menu Duplicated?
The Menu was probably moved using an uncommon menu hooks like
remove_action( ‘genesis_after_header’, ‘genesis_do_nav’ );
add_action( ‘genesis_sidebar’, ‘genesis_do_nav’ );
You need to change it to
remove_action( ‘genesis_after_header’, ‘gnma_do_nav’ );
add_action( ‘genesis_sidebar’, ‘gnma_do_nav’ );
- How do I move the menu?
See the code in the previous question. That is the same code for moving the menu. If you want to use a different hook, change the “genesis_before_header” part of the code, if you want to move the secondary menu change “gnma_do_nav” to “gnma_do_subnav.”
Alternately you can try the normal method for moving the menu, the plugin checks over a dozen of the most likely to be used hooks to see if a Genesis menu is there and then replaces it.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Genesis Nav Menu Amplified” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
1.0 (3-19-2012 : Current)
- menu-primary, menu, and menu-secondary classes for newer child theme compatibility
- Added support for Genesis 1.8
- Added support for Genesis 1.7 theme options
- Added ability for plugin to replace menus automatically on over a dozen common Genesis Hooks including priority
- First Public Release