Easily style posts from game companies in a way that resembles their forum posts using shortcodes. For example: Blizzards ‘blue posts’. The Shortcodes are listed below. If you would like to see a style added please don’t hesitate to contact me and I’ll try to add them in the next releases.
The icon in the tinyMCE editor is a pair of green quotes(“”).
Syntax for shortcodes are: ‘[bluepost name=”name”] content [/bluepost]’.
- ‘bluepost’ – Blizzard style quotes
- ’torpost’ – Star Wars: The Old Republic style quotes
- ‘ps2post’ – SOE Planetside 2 style quotes
- ‘valvepost’ – Valve employee style quotes
- Upload the “Game Dev Quotes” folder to the “/wp-content/plugins” directory.
- Activate the plugin through the “Plugins” menu in WordPress
- Use the provided shortcodes for output in your pags/posts/articles. ‘[bluepost name=”name”] content [/bluepost]’ or ‘[torpost name=”name”] content [/torpost]’. Or just click on the button in tinyMCE and enter the information to add a quote.
- How to use the shortcodes
‘[bluepost name=”somename”] content [/bluepost]’ Replace “bluepost” with the short code of the style you are using. “name” is the name of the game dev who posted. “content” is the actual post.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Game Dev Quotes” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Added: ArchAge support.
- Added support for source links.
- Added tinyMCE button and dialog to insert quotes.
*Fixed a bug with some hosting configs.
*Now using a different way to get paths. May help with some hosting configurations.
- Added: Planetside 2 SOE Dev Style
- Added: Valve Dev Style
- Fixed: Typos
- Cleaned Up CSS
- Initial release