A comprehensive fundraising plugin that allows you to create your own Envelope Challenge fundraiser using proven techniques.
The Envelope Challenge Virtual Fundraising Plugin
Envelope Challenge fundraisers have been successfully used by non-profit organizations to raise money to further their goals. In the traditionsl physical version, envelopes are pre-printed with a unique cash value shown on the front. Usually each value is unique. For example, 100 envelopes could be printed with $1 to $100 incrementally on the front. If all envelopes are used, which is often the case, $5050 is raised in the fundraising event. In some cases, prizes are placed in the envelope including discounts for dining or other vendor contributed offerings.
The Envelope Challenge plugin provides a powerful virtual envelope challenge fundraising system which can be seamlessly integrated into your WordPress website.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This plugin is a placeholder with limited functionality to test the release and installation process. We are preparing for extensive beta testing and are seeking those with existing WordPress installations that would be suitable for testing prior to production release. Because WordPress installations vary so greatly in thier installation and oprational structure, and because we are seeking to provide excellent quality code when released to production, we wish to obtain as many beta test sites as available. Once you install this plugin, instructions are available in the control panel.
NO DATA IS CAPTURED OR SENT TO OUTSIDE SERVERS WHILE USING THIS PLUGIN DURING BETA TESTING.
The plugin key features include:
* Ability to create a fully custom envelope display page using shortcodes
* Ability to create 1, 2, 3, or even 4 categories of donation envelopes
* Fully autoated tracking of available envelopes, marking those sold immediately as purchased
* Full integration with standard WooCommerce plugin for cart management, purchasing, payment collection, and reporting
* (Optionally) Integration with the Mailchimp for WooCommerce plugin for email campaign management with donors
Learn more at https://www.envelopefundraiser.com
To install, you will first need some other plugins to be installed. These are:
- WooCommerce version 5.0.0 or later – This is used to manage the shopping cart. LINK: https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce/
- WooCommerce Cart Stock Reducer version 3.30 or later – Used to manage inventory with cart time-out. LINK: https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-cart-stock-reducer/
- WooCommerce Payments version 2.0.0 or later – Provides a payment path to Stripe and other providers. LINK: https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-payments/
- WooCommerce Shipping & Tax version 1.25.9 or later – Calculates taxation, if any. LINK: https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-services/
NOTE: No data is being sent to the WooCommerce plugin provider. Payments processed are sent to the payment provider, such as Stripe, for payment processing. Please review the WooCommerce plugin documentation for details on this process.
In addition these are optional plugins that are highly recommended:
- Mailchimp for WooCommerce version 2.5.1 or later – Provides broad email communication tools to reach customers. As an alternative, Constant Contact with its integrated WooCommerce connection can be used but must be manually configured. Please review the Mailchimp data retention and data transmission documentation on details on when data is sent to third parties.
Then upload our Envelope Challenge plugin into your WordPress installation and activate. Once activated, click on the Envelope Challenge control panel on the left side of the WordPress admin panel and follow the configuration instructions.
Once configured, create a customer fundraising page for your WordPress website and include the shortcodes provided.
During operation of the Envelope Challenge fundraising plugin, no data is being transmitted except as outlines above.
Contributors & Developers
“Envelope Challenge” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Initial beta test version