Just install the plugin, activate it: You can now change a user’s role to “Moderator”, he can now moderate comments (all or only his), and only do this!
- Upload the “baw-moderator-role” folder into the “/wp-content/plugins/” directory
- Activate the plugin through the “Plugins” menu in WordPress
- You can now change a user’s role to “Moderator”, he can now moderate comments (all or only his see FAQ), and only do this!
- All moderators will receive an email when a non approved comment is awaiting moderation.
- See FAQ for filters/actions usage
- I just want my moderators can moderate their own comments, is this possible?
Yes, you can play with my filter named “allow_moderate_all_comments”, example of use (add this in your functions.php from theme folder):
add_filter( 'allow_moderate_all_comments', '__return_false' ); // This will remove the "all comments" moderation
1. or we can check a user meta to allow one user to be kind of “admin moderator”, example with a moderator user, with ID 123
return $GLOBALS[‘current_user’]->ID == 123;
add_filter( ‘allow_moderate_all_comments’, ‘check_moderator’ );
- I use a plugin that adds a page for comment stuff, this page is not here, you’re mean!
No worry, i’ve think about it!
Use the filter “allowed_moderator_menus” and add your plugins pages. Example of use:
function add_my_plugin_page_for_moderator_menu_this_function_got_a_very_long_name_damn_it( $pages )
$pages = __( ‘My plugin page menu name’, ‘plugin_context’ );
add_action( ‘allowed_moderator_menus’, ‘add_my_plugin_page_for_moderator_menu_this_function_got_a_very_long_name_damn_it’ );
- Ok, now i can see a plugin menu in my admin bar and i don’t want it!!
Same stuff! use this filter “baw_before_admin_bar_render”, example:
function remove_my_plugin_in_admin_bar( &$wp_admin_bar )
add_action( ‘baw_before_admin_bar_render’, ‘remove_my_plugin_in_admin_bar’ );
Contributors & Developers
“Moderator Role” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Moderator Role” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- 11 aug 2015
- 4.3 support
- 20 mar 2014
- Security fix: a die() was missing after the wp_redirect()
- Fix : Fatal error -> change a do_action + &$var for an apply_filters
- WordPress Coding Standard respect
- 23 oct 2012
- Security fix: User can not edit posts anymore, thanks to Antoine Peytavin pointing me this
- 17 jul 2012
- Bug fix (forgot which one)
- 11 jul 2012
- Add the pluggable function wp_notify_moderator() to add a filter on $email_to, this filter is now used to add all moderators.
- 14 mar 2012
- Bug fix when updating a comment with ajax (quick edit) (again) thanks to @lpointet pointing me that
- Bug fix when quick-replying a comment with ajax thanks to @lpointet pointing me that too
- 07 mar 2012
- Bug fix when updating a comment with ajax (quick edit)
- Add a new hook (See FAQ)
- Readme improved (so, read him)
- 07 mar 2012
- First release