This plugin appends an episode index to the anchor.fm podcast player. Currently, the only available embed for the anchor.fm player is for a single episode.
This plugin allows you to add your entire episode index, just the same as you have on your anchor.fm site.
Simply input your site and RSS URL’s on the settings page and add the shortcode to any page or post.
You can see more information on the problem this solves in this article
Email me here for suggestions and feedback.
Firstly, install and activate Anchor Episodes Index (this plugin).
Once activated, go to the settings and fill out the Anchor Site URL and Anchor RSS URL fields (be sure to add the URL’s without a “/” at the end, otherwise it will not work).
Then copy the shortcode you’ll see on the settings page and paste it in any page or post.
If you want to add multiple different podcasts on the site, you can define the RSS and Site URL’s as shortcode attributes instead of on the settings page.
– [anchor_episodes] – Uses values set in the settings page
– [anchor_episodes site_url=”https://anchor.fm/your-podcast” rss_url=”https://anchor.fm/s/123456-your-key/podcast/rss” max_episodes=”10″] – Overrides values set on the settings page
Contributors & Developers
“Anchor Episodes Index” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Initial Release.
- Enqueued files dir path fix
- Fixed gap between iframe and index. Improved enqueue code to avoid previous issue
- Revert to old enqueue due to issues
- Added loading animation and bg color when loading, added expand description function
- Added ability for shortcode attributes to be defined for the Site and RSS URL’s, so that different podcast can be output on the site at one time.
- Added option for user to define the maximum amount of episodes to display. Add arguments to enqueue scripts in footer.
- Improved CSS structure so that themes conflict with the styles less. Refactored JS for better speed and readability. Removed feednami and now working with the XML directly. Improved naming throughout code.