Adds two convenient buttons to easily add/remove an id attribute to any element when editor a Post, Page or custom post type that uses a standard TinyMCE editor. Uses the text contained within the element, cleaned up, to formulate a URL-friendly id.
- Upload the entire
/addfunc-idsfolder to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory or download it from the WordPress repository.
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress.
- Use the Add ID and Remove ID buttons as needed.
- What does the Add ID button do?
It adds an id attribute to the selected element (or the element with the cursor in it) using the text within. Note: not recommended for use on paragraphs.
- What does the Remove ID button do?
It removes any id attributes from the selected element (or the element with the cursor in it). Note: recommended for removing ridiculously long id attributes.
- Where can I see the ID/id attribute?
You can see it in Text view. Example:
This is rad
- Will AddFunc work in Text view?
Nope. It’s a TinyMCE thang.
- Does AddFunc IDs work on custom content types, the same as they do on Posts and Pages?
It works in any custom content type that has a standard TinyMCE editor.
- Does it really require WordPress 3.0.1 or later?
I have not tested it on earlier versions. I suspect it depends on the version of TinyMCE included with your WordPress install. Feel free to try it out and let us know if it works! 🙂
- Does AddFunc have a website?
Contributors & Developers
“AddFunc IDs” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
27 Jun 2017
- Released plugin on WordPress Repository
23 Jun 2017
- Improves cleanup of string used for id attribute
- Removes HTML tags
- Removes instances of multiple consecutive hyphens
_ Removes hyphens at beginning and end of string
- Adds button highlighting (button is highlighted if the selected element has an id attribute)
- Submitted plugin to WordPress repository as version 1.0
18 Jul 2016
- Improves TinyMCE button icons, using font instead of SVGs
?? ??? 201?
- Adds “Add ID” button to Tiny MCE
- Adds “Remove ID” button to Tiny MCE
29 Sep 2015
- Adds a button to TinyMCE